Friday, 5 September 2025

My Experience of Being a Night Owl (so far)

Why I’ve Become a Night Owl

I don’t even know how to start this, but I’ll just be real. Lately, things have been kinda off, and this is me writing at 2:49 am yea cause i just don’t know what else to do so thought, why not write sum completely random. My sleep is all over the place, and studying doesn’t feel like it used to. Some days I try to fix it. Some days I don’t care. Most days I’m somewhere in between.


Sleep is Miles Away

Let me tell you about it. My sleep schedule? It's doomed.

I’m talking about going to bed at 4 AM, sometimes not even sleeping till 10 or 11 in the morning, and waking up when half the day is already gone. Then I either feel guilty and try to "reset" by pulling an all-nighter, or just let it ride. Living like this, I'm just calling insomnia to get me.

I know it’s not healthy. I feel it. the brain fog, the random low moods, the tired eyes when I haven’t even done anything. But it’s hard to fix when there’s no clear reason for it. I’m not partying. I’m not even being productive half the time. Just existing in a weird loop.


Studying Feels... Distant

I used to have momentum. I’d plan, highlight, revise, journal. Now I just stare at the page and scroll instead. Or I open Notion and immediately close it again.

It’s not like I don’t care. I do care, I know I’ve got O Levels ahead. I know what’s on the line. But it’s like my brain doesn’t feel urgent about it. Like everything is foggy. Sometimes I sit to study, and all I can think about is how behind I am or how tired I feel.

And that feeling? It’s heavy. It stacks.


What I’m Trying to Do About It

Honestly? Not much, yet. But I want to change that. Slowly.

  • I’m trying to sleep earlier in small steps, like shaving off 30 minutes instead of jumping from 4 AM to 10 PM.
  • I’m reminding myself that 1 page of notes is better than none.
  • I’m talking to myself a little kinder, even if I don’t feel motivated.
  • I’m thinking of writing here more, even if no one reads. Just to clear my head.

Final Thoughts (Messy but True)

My sleep is messed up and studying feels weird right now. To Anyone Else Living Like This. If you’re a night owl too not for fun, but because it’s the only way you can get through the day, I see you. You’re not lazy. You’re not broken.

You’re just surviving in the quietest way you can.

And maybe that’s okay for now.

I know this won’t last forever. At some point, I’m going to feel like myself again. Maybe not tomorrow. But I’ll get there.

So will you.

Until then, I’ll be here.. tired, behind, and still showing up in my own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment